Those of us with pets or little children are always prone to accidents. Beverages spill, our dogs and cats leave unwanted messes on our carpets, etc. And taking out a huge, every time a spot is spoiled on the carpet may not always be the most practical solution. If that is the case for you, Bissell SpotBot portable deep carpet cleaner (model number 78R5) may be the answer. This small spot cleaner is so effective, it cleans any spots you put it to work on so well, we have seen users complaining about the need to clean the rest of the carpet just to match the cleanliness of that spot!
- 3-amp motor power
- Can clean carpets, upholstery, vehicle interiors and stairs
- Bissell’s new Deep Reach technology
- 15-ounce tank capacity
- Cleaning solutions included
- SpotBot 78R5 is extremely easy to use. You just select the stain type you want to remove, and Bissell’s Automatic Smart System disperses the right amount of solution to take care of it.
- We have found that it actually cleans spots better than full size carpet cleaners (although this is seen as a con by some users as you will see in the Cons sections). You realize how dirty the carpet really was when you see the clean spot it leaves behind when it’s done.
- In addition to new surface stains, SpotBot can also remove deep, settled stains. It just needs to work for about 10 minutes on the spot while you are taking care of other chores in the house.
- For a low-cost, lightweight and portable unit, the 78R5 is also surprisingly durable. Most users report using it for more than 5 years without any problems. Considering the price you will be paying and the efficiency and cleaning performance you will be getting, 5+ years of use equals a lot of value for your money.
- SpotBot can be a little bit loud while it works, but that’s the case with many other spot cleaners on the market. And since it takes only a few minutes to do the job, we don’t think this is a real deal-breaker.
- Although we have not witnessed it ourselves, a few users are complaining from leaking. It is reported that the carpet cleaner leaks from the bottom where the solution tank doesn’t connect seamlessly. Though we have no reason to doubt those users, we haven’t seen that problem ourselves, and most of the long-time users never mentioned that problem. But if it happened once, it can happen again, so please be warned.
- This may sound strange, but some of the users thought that the cleaning performance of the SpotBot is actually a problem. It cleans so well that it leaves a circular spot behind that looks cleaner than the rest of the carpet (especially if the carpet is old). In such cases, people feel the need to clean the rest of the carpet with a full-size cleaner just to make the difference less apparent. Like we said, this is not a real problem, but if it could bother you as it did some other users, so we felt it appropriate to bring it up.
Bissell SpotBot 78R5 deep cleaner is a lightweight, easy to use and extremely efficient spot cleaner that can save you many hours of frustration. Despite a few shortcomings, it provides more than enough value for the money, and can be a lifesaver for those times when you need a stained spot cleaned right away. Although Bissell has other efficient (and somewhat better known) models like , we certainly feel the SpotBot deserves consideration.